Monday, April 20, 2009

Exponential #1

I’m here at the Exponential Church Planting Conference in Orlando. Exponential has become the largest meeting of Church planters in North America. Right now I’m listening to Mark Nelson the lead pastor of Crossings Knoxville talk about his experience starting Crossings. Crossings was in many ways conceived at this very conference three years ago, so Mark speaking here is very poignant. I never grow tired of hearing Crossings’ story, mainly because the story of Crossings has become my story, especially now that I will be joining Crossings as an intern this summer.

It is very exciting to be at a conference like this; surrounded by thousands of other people like me who see church planting as an essential task in the 21st century world. I am truly blessed to be here with my church planting class from JBC. We were given the opportunity to attend the conference at a very cheap rate as long as we also did some volunteer work for them. Attending the conference for almost free is very much worth packing welcome bags, and sitting outside for three hours sayings “through these doors up the stairs to the third floor,” or “faith hall is over there.” I look forward to what God is going to do through this conference. Look for my periodic blog postings throughout the week.

--

Grace and Peace

Justin Friel

No comments: